Yes, we are ISO9001:2015 certified. We’re also a little obsessed with adding systems and process controls to keep improving.
Our manufacturing team uses advanced quality processes in our circuit board assembly services and all electronic manufacturing services. For example:
- Our SMT lines feature automated testing of passive components to prevent defects.
- We use unique thermal profiles for each circuit board design to optimize soldering.
- We perform full automated optical inspection of every board, tracking results electronically by serial number, and use the data to pinpoint when and where defects happened and determine corrective actions. Our latest AOI equipment is programmed to the IPC standard, checking pertinent inspection points.
All manufacturing team members can suggest improvements to processes in their own areas of expertise using an electronic change request system.
Our in-house design team is actively involved in the testing of your circuit board, whether it’s your design or ours. They work with our Manufacturing Engineers on root cause analysis. They will share ideas with your Design Engineers about problem areas or suggested improvements.
Our Quality Department manages rigorous incoming, in-process and final inspection of materials. We implemented a digital inspection database (ZIP) for our supplier base and internal processes in 2016. This also allows us to analyze trends in real time.
- Incoming component validation with barcode scanning to confirm with approved vendor list
- Automated optical inspection (AOI) of all circuit boards including polarity, part numbers, solder bridges, part alignment, and IPC criteria with electronic tracking of results
- X-ray of leadless packaging
- First article inspection at every stage of production
- First-pass yield monitoring throughout the day, every day
- Internal ISO audits every quarter with audit team
- Regular audits of other quality-related areas such as ESD protection
- ERP system for timely delivery, labor tracking and online documentation
- Regularly scheduled training
- Robust preventative maintenance database that schedules regular maintenance of all electronic manufacturing services equipment
- Electronic change request (ECR) system to identify opportunities for higher quality and efficiency
- Pre-Production meetings for all new products to ensure a successful build and mitigate risk
Quality processes in manufacturing include using SMT pick-and-place lines that automatically check passive components.
Using unique thermal profiles for soldering each board design is another process to ensure quality in manufacturing.
The quality department regularly audits all areas of manufacturing including ESD protection systems and processes.